« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:48 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Felt the need to post this because my post on Canon and Nikon discontinuing research/development has been locked so that I cannot comment or delete.  

Did I do it?  No, I do not think so.  Did NSN lock it?  Of course. Or it seems so.  Did you lock this comment?  

Was it meant to bring light to a gullible nature?  Of course.    

If so, that is ok.   But now you will please unlock it :mrgreen:  

I have learned (NO...am still learning) to try to be the first to laugh at myself.  Works for me.  Maybe it is because I can sometimes get too serious; i.e. maybe it is a good remedy for neutralizing  the "sometimes seriousness".

A short humor

It was several years ago:  I was up the entire night.  Throughout the night I tuned into Coast to Coast with George Noory.  I love that show!  Crazy over it!  

Anyway, I had not noted the date that night.  It was March 31.   As often is the case (not always, and it depends on the guest and show-content) I was glued to the radio.  Well, as dawn approached, George came over the radio with what seemed to be a bulletin.  He started with this:  "And now this just in......"

And then he began to tell us that researchers had just discovered a baby Tyrannosaurus rex in the Congo.  They quickly erected a 10-feet-high stockade fence to contain the baby.  They needed to draw some blood and take other biological samples.  And of course he went on and on with various details.  Well, as bizarre as it sounded, I bought into it....and probably because it was in the Congo.  With its high canopy and so on, I quickly thought that it was entirely possible.  And I wanted to believe it!  Cleverly, they planted this bulletin, right at the end of the show.  Shortly after, I could not wait to tell one of my friends about it.  He looked at me and said.....Robert, it is April 1st.      :lol:

Suggestion:  Why not move the T.Rex comment to my other comment that I want you to unlock ?

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:54 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I did it because it was an April Fools joke that was posted after April Fools and seemed to be presented as a real thing. I didn't want people to interpret it as real.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:05 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Thank you for your honesty E.J.  

I'm good with it; it'll give folks a laugh....especially the T Rex fabrication.  I still want to believe there are dinosaurs running around the Congo   :D

3 posts |