All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Hi to all....and to those who know Photoshop:

1.  Do you find that you have unlimited creativity in Photoshop ?

2.  What have you tried and become skilled at ?

3.  What have you tried and found not to work ?

4.  Can you create the image you imagined, even if you missed it in the field?

Thanks ahead

Robert 

Last edited by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by signgrap on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:12 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Robert it is not the software that makes you creative or provides "unlimited creativity" it is YOU the photographer that provides the creativity.
Creativity starts with the photographer visualizing what the finale image will be before image capture and he/she continues the creative input throughout post-processing and printing or posting to achieve that visualization. The software whether it's a RAW converter or noise reducer or Photoshop are merely tools that allow you to express your individual creativity. It's the software USER that supplies ALL the creativity. Photoshop has more tools at your disposal than another currently available program. However PS is an extremely complex program that is not easily mastered. It takes a great deal of time to master PS so mastery will not happen quickly so you can NOT expect to see "unlimited creativity" the moment you master some basic tools in PS. Asking what other photographers use in PS really won't help you a whole lot because in all likelihood you will NOT look at an image in the same way. It is your life experiences that dictate how you view an image and it is those experiences that direct your creativity.
When I look over your collective posts it appears to me that you want a "quick fix" the "ultimate"; whether it be a camera or software. Unfortunately there is no quick fix when it comes to PS. In order to be creative in PS you need to spend the time learning ALL the basics in PS. I find it difficult learning a piece of complicated and believe me PS is very complicated from a book. There are a number of very good video tutorials on PS. Bit the bullet, set aside time and learn PS if you want to unleash your creatively in PS. So if I were you get the basics in PS well understood before asking the questions in this thread. But even before you start learning PS I would suggest that you find one RAW converter and master that. Today's RAW converters are powerful programs that really can provide almost all the tools that you need to attain 95% of your creative goals.
Dick Ludwig

by delong1301 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 am
delong1301
Forum Contributor
"The Creative Fight" available at Amazon. An excellent book by photographer Chris Orwig. You will look at your creativity in a whole new light.
Don

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:09 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
delong1301 wrote:"The Creative Fight" available at Amazon. An excellent book by photographer Chris Orwig. You will look at your creativity in a whole new light.
Don
https://www.google.com/?client=safari&c ... hris+orwig

Popular and highly rated...thank you.

4 posts |