Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 19 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:32 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
What it the anti-noise software that you use and really, really like?

Thanks again.

Robert

After we talked about software months ago, I bought and used DXO Optics Pro 10 Elite software since January 2016.  But I am having a lot of trouble with it again.  This is the 3rd time it has gone down.  Rather than get into the negative details, I would like to  approach this from another direction.  I would like to try some other antinoise software that really works and really is hassle-free.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You just got Dfine for free in your Nik Suite from Google. It is an excellent product. No need to look any further since you already have that.

Not sure what it has to do with DXO, since that is primarily RAW conversion software it is not Noise reduction software although it has a module of the program that does that like most RAW converters do.

by Ron Day on Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:42 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Topaz DeNoise 6 - surprisingly effective.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:28 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
How does one "plug in" these Nik Plugins? Right now they are standing alone in may Apps. Thanks ahead

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:30 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Topaz DeNoise 6 - surprisingly effective.
Ok, thanks for input Ron.  I'm going to give it a go with these plugins.  :)

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:18 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:You just got Dfine for free in your Nik Suite from Google.  It is an excellent product.  No need to look any further since you already have that.

Not sure what it has to do with DXO, since that is primarily RAW conversion software it is not Noise reduction software although it has a module of the program that does that like most RAW converters do.
Yes, ok.  I will give it a go.  But will someone tell me how to integrate these plugins with PS?

FYI, I do not know what your technical explanation for DXO is but I do know it is marvelous anti-noise software....superb!.  

When we were discussing software months ago, for anti-noise Mike-in-O suggested DXO Optics Pro to me.  I tried it and loved it.  But since my purchase date of somewhere in January, it has has gone down 3 times and when I need it big-time on weekends it is dead.  What good is that?  Further, it takes huge blocks of time between Tech Support responses back to me....like now....the last time I hear from the guy was yesterday morning.  Again, what good is that?    I am nearing the end of my rope with DXO and its Tech Support.  Ok, from my end it is the end of the DXO discussion.  It am tired of the DXO hassle and frankly, I do not need their software and refuse to talk much more to them about it.  You see, they tell me that it is a problem with my file(s).  Ok.  :)

by Joel Eade on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:45 am
Joel Eade
Forum Contributor
I believe when you install Nik software it should be in the photoshop "plug in" folder.

Adobe / photoshop / plug ins

If it isn't there just move it

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:02 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Joel Eade wrote:I believe when you install Nik software it should be in the photoshop "plug in" folder.

Thanks for that input. I guess that would mean opening Finder (Mac), finding the folders and then just drag and drop the Nik software.  I will give it a try.  Oh, first I will try to find the photoshop "plug-in" folder.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:30 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Question:

Clicked on "Photoshop CC" and the drop down had a selection "All About Plugins".

Clicked on that and this shows all the plugins.

Clicked on one of them, but apparently all it does is display the icon of the plugin onto the PS screen; i.e. I think it is not functional.

by absu on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 am
absu
Forum Contributor
I have installed Nik collection in CS6 and Lightroom 6. During installation it detects all the relevant mother software automatically. Then after installation it is opening in CS6 under filter-plug in-nik collection. I have installed it in my mac book and desktop PC which is operating with Win 10. No issue at all.
Anirban Basu

"Beauty is simply reality seen with the eyes of love" 
— Rabindranath Tagore

Email: anirbanbasu0606@gmail.com

by absu on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:06 am
absu
Forum Contributor
Blck-shouldered Kite wrote:Question:

Clicked on "Photoshop CC" and the drop down had a selection "All About Plugins".

Clicked on one of them, but apparently all it does is display the icon of the plugin onto the PS screen; i.e. I think it is not functional.

Are you opening the plug in with image or blank PS screen. Just thought.
Anirban Basu

"Beauty is simply reality seen with the eyes of love" 
— Rabindranath Tagore

Email: anirbanbasu0606@gmail.com

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
absu wrote:
Blck-shouldered Kite wrote:Question:

Are you opening the plug in with image or blank PS screen. Just thought.
Hi

I have tried it with a blank screen and then I thought it was because I did not have an image loaded.  So, I tried it with an image in the screen.   Either way, the icon just sits there.  I click on the icon and it disappears.   Am I missing something?  

Thank you

by DChan on Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:03 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
There're many videos about how to use photoshop, how to intall/use plugins in photoshop, how to do this or that with photoshop, etc., etc. on Youtube. There're also videos on Nik collection. No doubt this site is a good source about them but you may find you can learn a lot from those videos, too, Robert. Just thought watching other people do it could be better way to learn than reading about how to do it.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Hi Chan

Yes, watching a video is better. And am sure there is lots of info on the tube about it. I will google that.

Thank you.

by Joel Eade on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Joel Eade
Forum Contributor
Blck-shouldered Kite wrote:
Joel Eade wrote:I believe when you install Nik software it should be in the photoshop "plug in" folder.

Thanks for that input. I guess that would mean opening Finder (Mac), finding the folders and then just drag and drop the Nik software.  I will give it a try.  Oh, first I will try to find the photoshop "plug-in" folder.

Yes.

1. Open Finder
2. Open the Applications folder
3. Open Photoshop CC folder
4. Open the Plug Ins Folder .... all your plug ins should go here

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:46 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Joel Eade wrote:
Blck-shouldered Kite wrote:

Yes.

1. Open Finder
2. Open the Applications folder
3. Open Photoshop CC folder
4. Open the Plug Ins Folder .... all your plug ins should go here
It worked!  So now the folder of NIK plugins is inside the PSCC plugins folder, where it is supposed to be.  Before this, I had installed each NIK as a standalone in Apps.  Thanks again.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:25 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
I really appreciate the input here.

It worked!  And it works great.  I found the Nik plugins in the Filter drop down and put Nik's Dfine to work on an image of a dove that I thought was pretty good.. :shock:

I have to do more testing but for now this looks very exciting; i.e. far better than the original dove image.  I did not even see the noise before!  Now, I see a big improvement.  I should say again though, I do have to keep using it to see if I will continue to like it.  I can be very particular, as a few of you now know.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all...including Google.   I am grateful for this.  :D

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:49 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
If you installed them when you got them they are in Photoshop under Filters

by Ed Cordes on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:39 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I started off using Noise Ninja then went to Noise Ware Pro. A few years ago got the NIK suite and started using NIK Define., I now use this 90% of the time. Works great, easy to use, and free.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

19 posts |